A couple of months ago I decided to redo my Landry Room, while I loved the Harlequins that I had painted in there, I was tired of the dark color and the flourescent Lighting! First My Hubby put up the Board and Batten design, we shared the daunting task of Cauling it all up and then I had to sand all the walls to remove the seams that had been created from the harlequin's when i had taped them off,then I primed and painted in a semi-gloss finish! Shew, it was a JOB, but well worth it :) I had decided to to a stripe effect on the wall, using a flat finish paint, Sherwin Williams Quietute and then i went back and tapped off the walls and did the striping effect using a water-based polyurethine! Hubby installed a new track light for me and he did his first ever tile job on the backsplash around the sink! I love how it turned out!
Why I am beginning to Blog!!!
I want to start this Blog because I have a passion for interior decorating! I have been following many Bloggers for about a year now and I am excited to start a Blog of my own! I have made almost all of my window treatments in my home and I am excited to share my projects with you! Many of my ideas I have gathered from some of you Bloggers out there,, many thanks to you all for inspiring me!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Today, I decided to make a window treatment for my Master Closet Window... I wanted to make it out of some fabric that I already had and use trim that I already had on hand, so I had a package of drop clothes that hadnt been opened, so I decided that was what I would use, and I had some scrap lining also, and the trim was some had I had bought when Wal-Mart stopped carrying fabrics, and I payed like 20 cents a yard for it. The board I mounted it on, was some we had on had and I already had the L-brackets, This treatment pobaby cost me like $8.00 total~ I love cheap decorating. I also put in a picture of the window before the treatment went up.